Thursday, October 21, 2010

Coming Soon: Paranormal Activity 2

By: Robert Acosta

With October comes tons and tons of horror/halloween type movies. Among those usually is a bunch of sequels, remakes or trilogies(In Saws case it's like a double trilogy +1). This October is no different as Paranormal Activity 2 is just a day away.

When I initially heard about this I thought, does this movie need a sequel? Didn't the first movie do so well and end up bring really great? Well that's the problem and the reason why there is a 2nd movie.

Paranormal Activity 2 looks like it's going to follow a family and their baby, who just looks possessed or just something is wrong with it. So, everything that follows has to do with the baby and thus the Paranormal Activity begins.

It's a good premise just because it looks damn creepy so far from what has been shown in trailers and clips. Taking something innocent and turning it into what it looks like they are could very well work.

Only thing that bothers me is that it looks way too much like the first movie. What new tricks can they pull out to make this movie creepier and scarier than the first? Will it even be on par with the first?

I would like to think so. I give all movies a chance to entertain me in some form, and I think this one will entertain myself and others. However, I do think people will crowd it with negativity and talk of how they never needed to make a sequel, that's just natural of people to do. Rant about something they knew they weren't going to like but they saw anyway.

Nonetheless, Paranormal Activity 2 is out on Friday October 22nd. Bring a fresh pair of underwear.

No comments:

Post a Comment