Tuesday, October 19, 2010

DVD Releases October 19th

By: Robert Acosta

Sorry for the lateness on the DVD releases but time flies when you're catching Unstoppable in theaters a month before it is out(Really debating on whether or not to post the review, even though I signed a disclaimer saying I'm not supossed to really talk about it.)!

Enough of my boasting. On to the DVDs!:
NOTE: Bold means DVD is also available in Blu-Ray

  • Predators
  • Harry Potter and The Goblet of Fire
  • Harry Potter and The Prisoner of Azkaban
  • The Rocky Horror Picture Show(Blu-Ray only)
  • Mirrors 2: Unrated
  • Psycho(Blu-Ray only)
  • Moulin Rouge(Blu-Ray only)
I know, there seems like a small bunch of DVDs to pick from this week but October is almost finished, so DVDs are at their lowest. 

If I had to pick from the small list above, I would definitely pick up Predators. Was it anything like the originals? The jury is still out there. Is the movie good on its own? Yes. Good story, nice action, good twist at the end and of course, predators!

If you have a Blu-Ray player or PS3, Moulin Rouge would be a good pick up. Extremely good musical, probably even better than the original. For me, this is what put Ewan McGregor on the map. Not Star Wars. Tremendous singers and extremely catchy songs.

Next week is going to look very much like this one, nothing much to buy. I promise that November is definitely going to be great so save up!

No comments:

Post a Comment