Tuesday, October 26, 2010

The Spot News: Tony Scott wants to direct Top Gun 2

By: Robert Acosta

I'll be honest with everyone and say I haven't seen Top Gun(yet) but I do understand it's one of the movies that put Tom Cruise on the man and track of reckless stardom.


So when I hear Top Gun 2 coming and director of the first Top Gun, Tony Scott, wants to do it, it doesn't pump me up the way it will to others.


Here is what Tony Scott said to HitFix regarding Top Gun 2:


"I'm not waiting for a script. I'm going to do my homework. I'm going down to I think it's Fallon, Nevada, down near New Mexico and it's a whole different world now," Scott says. "These computer geeks -- these kids play war games in a trailer in Fallon, Nevada and if we ever went to war or were in the Middle East or the Far East or wherever it is, these guys can actually fly drones. They are unmanned aircraft. They operate them and then they party all night."

"This world fascinated me, because it's so different from what it was originally. But, I don't want to do a remake. I don't want to do a reinvention. I want to do a new movie."



But when I hear Tony Scott say he wants to create something new, not a sequel or reimagining, that gets me intrigued. I'm very tired of sequels and re-dos and all that good stuff. Let's see original ideas.


Tony Scott's latest movie, Unstoppable, may not have been too great but it did pack action, suspense and some drama so he could definitely bring all that to the next Top Gun movie.


Source: HitFix

No comments:

Post a Comment