Saturday, December 31, 2011

Top Ten Movies 2011: Number One

Jose's Top Ten 2011




Number 1: Drive

Drive was the perfect movie for me this year. A movie that appeared out of nowhere and floored me. To borrow a line I said in my review for Drive: "I could not imagine myself fully enjoying a car/action movie for more than being just that. Yet Drive went beyond that and then some."

The acting alone was so great. Especially from our anit-hero Driver, Ryan Gosling. For a character that is supposed to carry the movie, he barely spoke a word. Yet I was captivated by his presence and actions. He didn't need to speak. Ryan Gosling is a phenomenal actor and Drive just shows that he is far beyond anyone else. Yes I just said that.


But the acting wasn't the only thing that made Drive the number one movie for me. Of course you have the story and the other actors, who were all great. The director did a wonderful job. But the soundtrack stands out as a "character" all on it's own. Music in movies are used as background noise or used to carry the film along and enhance the movie. Drive's soundtrack does just that and also conveys the emotion of the scenes that is not said in words.

Drive shows to me that there can be great movies made that do not have to be a sequel or prequel or cartoon/toy based or a remake. Dive is my number one movie of the year and I highly recommend everyone to see the movie.

1 comment:

  1. your blog is so informative on Top Ten Movies .I was don't know who receieve the best award to 2011 so your blog is very excellent.Thanks you,keep posting on it........Top Ten Movies

    ReplyDelete