Tuesday, July 27, 2010

San Diego Comic-Con 2010 Movie News


San Diego Comic-Con 2010 Movie News

By Jose

Sadly no I wasn’t there. Only in spirit and with the use of the internet. I was planning to write up about everything movie related and give links and first look pictures and everything. But considering many sites covered all of the news, posted the pictures, linked to videos, and introduced interviews. That for me to just re-post all that would not do The Movie Spot any service. So what I am going to do is give shout outs to three sites that supplied me with all the news and events for the Comic-Con weekend and include my take on what was revealed.

First off it seemed to me that this year was for Marvel. Marvel came out with tons of confirmations and reveals and first looks and teases. All the Thor news and props shown has me even more excited to see the movie. We had Odin’s throne setup on the floor. The helmets of Loki, Thor, and Odin on display. Even a surprise that created even more buzz and raised questions when the Infinity Gauntlet was shown. What does something that powerful and normal associated with Thanos and Adam Warlock along with the cosmic part of the Marvel universe have to do with Thor? I, for one, can’t wait to see.

Captain America was shown off a bit with a scene of pre-Red Skull played by Hugo Weaving searching for the Cosmic Cube. Then with a short teaser of a trailer showing a bit of Chris Evans and the captain. Then the big reveal and confirmation was of The Avengers movie. The whole cast including Robert Downey Jr (Iron Man), Chris Hemsworth (Thor), Chris Evans (Captain America), Scarlett Johansson (Black Widow), Clark Gregg, Samuel Jackson (Nick Fury), Jeremy Renner (Hawkeye), Mark Ruffalo (Bruce Banner), and Josh Whedon (Director). Seriously if they can make Avengers work then it is going to be one of the best movies of the year it is released.

DC Comics had Green Lantern on hand but I really didn’t see or hear much from it. They had the corpse of Abin Sur and some news here and there but overall it was either a very quiet show or they didn’t have much to say about the movie. Now being a Green Lantern fan I can not wait to see this in action but DC c’mon you could have done something else. Also what about other movie announcements? Nothing else is being worked on that could not be teased or revealed? No huh. Dropped the ball? Yes you did.

I read that Scott Pilgrim VS the World went over great. Sucker Punch seems to be a wild ride and a must see. First glimpse at Cowboys VS Aliens. More or Tron. Tron looks so damn beautiful. December can’t come any faster. Oh and Johnny Depp as captain Jack Sparrow gave a look into the new Pirates movie.

So like I said earlier I want to link to three sites that I visited over the Con weekend that supplied me with all the news and tidbits on everything from the movies to comics to shows/television etc.


Joblo.com

BleedingCool.com

ComicBookResources.com

No comments:

Post a Comment