Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Runner up to best movie of the year, Number 2 is..

By: Robert Acosta

I didn't expect Mr. Pilgrim to be in my top 10 for the year when I first heard about it, let alone in the top 2. Through some amazing action sequences, hilarious comedy and a pretty good story, it was hard to overlook it. 

I'm not a huge fan of Michael Cera. I never liked his comedy because over his short career it has become more and more linear. Linear meaning he does the same style of comedy in all his movies. The geeky, nerdy guy who tries to be cool all the time but ends up being awkward. Superbad, Nick and Norahs Infinite Playlist, Juno all second that statement. Finally, he broke out of that style, mostly, and actually ends up being pretty damn funny. 

The cool, crazy action scenes is what did it for me though. All the special effects that made the movie pop out is what did it for me. And there are a lot of them too,  I can count at least 5. So there is no shortage of memorable moments from this film.

No comments:

Post a Comment