Wednesday, September 8, 2010

The Spot News: Unbreakable 2?

M.Night's next "Chronicle" will basically be Unbreakable 2?

Universal's DEVIL has pretty much disassociated itself with M. Night Shyamalan after reports of heckling the director's name came from various theaters even though he hatched the story and produced the flick.
Despite the public's complete disinterest in the Shyamalan brand, he and Universal are still moving forward with more "Night Chronicles", the series of horror films based on his ideas.
The next "Night Chronicle" will be TWELVE STRANGERS, which may or may not be helmed by Daniel Stamm. And after that? Well, let's just call it UNBREAKABLE 2.
In an interview with MTV, Shyamalan revealed this much about the third "Night Chronicle": "I cannibalized the idea for the sequel to 'Unbreakable' for one of the 'Night Chronicles.' It was such a cool idea for a villain, and it was actually originally in the script for 'Unbreakable,' and it was too much. There were too many villains, so I pulled this villain out and was like, 'I'll make this the second flick.'"
"I fleshed it out more and more, and thought, 'This could be a standalone movie.' I'll just say it: the third 'Night Chronicles' movie is what would have been the sequel to 'Unbreakable'. So now I need to come up with a new idea."
Shyamalan goes on to prove that, generally, he's still unaware what the hell he's talking about: "I love that movie. 'Unbreakable' and 'The Village' are my favorite two movies of mine."

No comments:

Post a Comment