Thursday, September 23, 2010

The Spot News: Inception...video game?

By: Robert Acosta

I gotta say, I enjoyed the hell out of Inception which I think is the majority view of what Inception was to people. As I watching it the thought did arise in me, what if Inception were a video game? I could see it as a video game somehow. I might have seen the future when I said that in the theater that day.

Variety is reporting that in a press conference with director of Inception and the two previous Batman films, Christopher Nolan is looking into the idea of making a video game out of Inception. Nolan goes on to say ""We are looking at doing is developing a videogame based on the world of the film, which has all kinds of ideas that you can't fit into a feature film. That's something we've been talking about and are looking at doing long term, in a couple of years."

Could this tarnish the reputation of Inception? Video games based off of movies don't do too well and vice versa. For some reason, I could see this being really good. If Nolan gets involved in it and i'm not sure how he could with many important, time sucking projects coming up. Like oh, I don't know...the next Batman film?!

Let this news sink in but what do you think about all of this?

Source: Variety

No comments:

Post a Comment