Monday, September 20, 2010

The Spot News: Del Toro is Mad

Some news on Del Toro's At The Mountains of Madness

By Jose

For years, Guillermo Del Toro has been trying to make his dream project, an adaptation of HP Lovecraft's arctic terror tale AT THE MOUNTAINS OF MADNESS. And while it's closer (thanks to Universal and producer James Cameron), it's still a dream.

As Del Toro tells Deadline: "We are not green lit, we are still budgeting and designing, and we are partners on this. I believe in my heart we are going to be making this movie in June of next year. We are budgeting the creatures and met with Spectral Motion and ILM, where Dennis Muren told me the sweetest words ever when he said, no one has ever seen monsters like this. That was truly one of the highlights of my fat life, a demigod like Muren saying that."

At least he sounds confident, as should an award-winning filmmaker with history's highest grossing director in his corner. As for how the 3D aspects will be incorporated, GdT says "It’s hard to say without spoiling it. The way the creatures are rendered and done is going to bring forth an aspect of Lovecraft that has not been done on live action films. Part of my speech was, I’m putting all the chips I have accumulated in 20 years as a director, betting them on a single number. This is not just a movie and then move on to the next. It’s do or die time for me."

No comments:

Post a Comment