Friday, September 30, 2011

Comedies: Fall 2011 - Small Screen Review


Comedies: Fall 2011 - Small Screen Review

I talked to my fellow writer/boss Robert on how I would review comedies for the Small Screen. I mean I can’t just say “Funny”. Following episode: “Funnier”. So I am just going to talk about all the new and returning comedies in one article.

The Middle, Modern Family, and Raising Hope return for new seasons and are, to me, hilarious and after seeing the season premieres and then this weeks episodes just proves that. The New Girl is good too. Zooey Deschanel, Max Greenfield, and the rest of the cast work great together. And Zooey is hilarious in her awkwardness.


Suburgatory is another new show that started this week and it was a good one too. Single father George only wants the best for his 16-year-old daughter, Tessa. So when he finds a box of condoms on her nightstand, he moves them out of their apartment in New York City to a house in the suburbs. But all Tessa sees is the horror of over-manicured lawns, plastic Franken-moms, and fake-evil teenagers. I can’t forget to mention Big Bang Theory and Glee. Even though Glee is a mix of drama and comedy.

Overall these have been the standout comedy shows this season and I can’t wait to laugh some more.

No comments:

Post a Comment