Friday, May 27, 2011

The Spot News: Kick Ass 2 May Not Happen



Brendon Connelly of Bleedingcoolnews spoke to Matthew Vaughn:


Speaking to Vaughn on Sunday, the subject of Kick-Ass, and its potential sequel, was pretty much guaranteed to come up. I’ve seen a lot of crowing about how a follow-up film is already in the works, possibly even greenlit, and some of it from Mark Millar himself, but I knew better than to believe it. According to Vaughn, we might even do as well to forget about the prospect entirely, and with good reason:
Everyone says we’re doing Kick-Ass 2 but… the weird thing about Kick-Ass 2 is I’d love to do it, because I enjoyed it so much, but I’m a big believer that if you’re going to do a sequel it’s got to be as good as the first one if not better. I just don’t know how I could…
My business brain just says do Kick-Ass 2, shoot it and get it out there and it would make a lot of money but I really do love that movie. It was a special moment to me making that film and I don’t want to spoil it. I’m not saying it’s as good as Pulp Fiction but I think it would be weird if Tarantino did Pulp Fiction 2. Everything that made Kick-Ass original and fun, if you do it again, it would be crass…

  Source: BleedingCoolNews.com

No comments:

Post a Comment