Saturday, November 20, 2010

The Spot News: Wanted: New Superman

By: Robert Acosta

With the new Superman film finally getting underway, more details will start to leak out. Including who will play Superman for the next film.

I personally thought Brandon Routh was great as Superman and what a waste it was that he, apparently, cannot return as Superman. Didn't see much wrong with his performance, and he seemed very dedicated to the role.

Unfortunately, what I say has no weight as to who will be playing Superman next. I can tell you who is in the running:

  • Armie Hammer
  • Joe Manganiello
  • Ian Somerhalder
  • Jon Hamm
Never heard of most of those names? Don't be worried, that's exactly what the studio is looking for. According to Deadline, the studio is looking for someone who isn't exactly a huge star, from the age of 28 to 32 and preferably working on a TV show. Luckily those guys meet the TV show criteria as they are all featured on a recurring show. Though, Jon Hamm is a bit older than the guidelines, I actually like his look. He's got a great superhero feel to him, very good actor, this could work. The rest I can give you much on, because I join the latter when I say I haven't seen the first 3 names.

Nonetheless, this is good news cause hey, any Superman news is good news.

No comments:

Post a Comment