Wednesday, April 6, 2011

The Spot News: Could McDreamy Be Doctor Strange?


The Spot News: Could McDreamy Be Doctor Strange?

Patrick Dempsey is interested in playing the one and only Doctor Stephen Strange. A few days ago, Dempsey shared his thoughts with Hero Complex, “I’ve been lobbying for that. There’s a whole bunch of people [among the 'Grey's' crew] who are into comics and Marvel, too, on the set and they’re like, ‘Doctor Strange, that’s the one you should do.’ It would be fantastic. It’d be a great TV show, especially for HBO or something like that. I don’t know if I’d necessarily do another show, a drama, that’s 24 episodes again. HBO you’re at 13 and I think that’s much better. It’s just so hard to sustain the quality after three years if you’re doing 24, 25 episodes a year. It all depends on who you have as a writing team — it’s how you set it up, what’s the tone and making sure you’re not locked into this one-season success [mentality], you can’t be afraid to think beyond that.”

Hero Complex asked if Dempsey had spoken to Feige or Jeph Loeb, Marvel’s head of television:

“He knows what’s going on. There was stuff going on. At Comic-Con they were talking about me playing it and there was a rumor that I’d been cast. I mean, it’s something that’s kind of out there and, you know, I’ve been looking at that. It would be a fun one to do. Hopefully, doing something like ‘Transformers’ is about to show myself in an action situation where I’m not mister-weepy-doctor guy, you know, not McDreamy. You have to change that in people’s view. I’m still hungry for other things. I’d love to play Doctor Strange.”

source Joblo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment