Friday, April 1, 2011

Morning Glory Review

By: Robert Acosta

Cast:
Rachel McAdams as Becky Fuller
Harrison Ford as Mike Pomeroy
Diane Keaton as Coleen Peck
Patrick Wilson as Adam Bennett

Plot: A TV producer goes from on the rise to down in the dumps when muist take a job at a struggling TV station, and attempt to bring up the ratings and popularity of the station.

Review: I remember when I first started getting passes to see movies early that I got Morning Glory tickets 3 different times for 3 different days. I thought to myself, so this is what I have to look forward to? Even if it was free, it wasn't a good start for me. I didn't end up seeing it, but I should have.

Morning Glory follows Becky Fuller(McAdams) as she attempts to bring a TV station to life and beat out stations like NBC for the top spot. With wily veterans like Harrison Ford and Diane Keaton playing the anchors of the news station, the characters that Fuller has to deal with is not fun for her.

You don't expect much from movies like this, they kind of go under the radar, whether they are good or bad. In this case, Morning Glory does pretty good. The overall acting is great as it should be. McAdams puts in a very emotional and dedicated performance, playing her character very well. Ford does a great job of playing the cynical, over payed, anchor but still shows a benevolent, sentimental guy.

I personally felt the triumph of the story in the end, and I know the audiences that saw it felt it too, and enjoyed it very much. One problem I saw though was the lack of time given to the relationship between McAdams and Wilson, which I thought could have been stronger and was something I wanted to see more of.

Overall, Morning Glory keeps the entertainment going. With small comedic moments, a decent story with a good ending, Morning Glory is fun to watch and amusing.

Rating: 3.5 out of 5

No comments:

Post a Comment