Wednesday, March 30, 2011

The Spot News: Gareth Edwards Talks Godzilla


The Spot News: Gareth Edwards Talks Godzilla

Everyone is excited to see what Gareth Edwards (MONSTERS) will do with his upcoming version of GODZILLA, and Empire recently spoke to the filmmaker about the project. There's not really much new information, but monster movie fans will still enjoy hearing what he has to say:
"The thing that's so interesting is that Godzilla has evolved since the original one in the '50s, so there is the opportunity to bring it up to date. But we want to stay true to the fanbase as well and I'm a fan of the Toho films."
"When I got the call about it from my agent I was in my bedroom and right in front of me by my DVD player was the 1954 GODZILLA. He asked, 'Are you a fan?' And I said, 'Yeah, I'm looking at him right now!' It was incredible."
Sounds like the project, produced by Legendary Pictures, is in safe hands.

Source: Joblo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment