Monday, January 3, 2011

Little Fockers Review

By: Robert Acosta

Cast:
Ben Stiller as Greg Focker
Robert De Niro as Jack Byrnes
Jessica Alba as Andi Garcia
Owen Wilson as Kevin Rawley

Plot: Jack Byrnes wants to make sure his family is in good hands when he finds out his health in decline. His Son-in-law Greg Focker seems to be the natural choice to be the "leader" of the family but can he handle the pressure?

Review: I've never been a huge fan of the Meet The Parents trilogy, or newly appointed trilogy. I thought that the first 2 films were alright, but not classics. Not films that should be held in such high regard the way they are. So going into Little Fockers, I expected little. Pun intended.

What I got was not much, but still a bit more than I expected. It's still the same, run of the mill, kind of movie we've seen. There isn't much of a difference in the quality of movie from part 1, 2 and this new entry in the series. Though I have to say, it was funnier than the other 2 films.

The story is a decent one, but a very predictable one. Hell, you can watch the trailer and for the most part put the movie together on your own. So it isn't effective, it's been played out before but watching Ben Stiller, Robert De Niro and Jessica Alba play it out isn't terrible to watch.

The comedy is a lot better than I expected. I actually laughed out loud during a couple of scenes, so there is some laughter to be had. I'm a very split person on Ben Stiller. His good performances really stick with me(like Starsky and Hutch and Dodgeball) and then his bad performances(Along Came Polly, Duplex) just make me tune him out. Though he works better when Owen Wilson is around, so lucky him.

I'm very down the middle when it comes to this movie. It wasn't good, it wasn't bad. The comedic parts push it slightly over the top for me, but not much. Wait for this on DVD, i'm sure they'll pack it with some good special features.

Rating: 3 out of 5

No comments:

Post a Comment