Tuesday, January 18, 2011

DVD Releases January 18th

By: Robert Acosta

Don't let this economy bring you down! Whether you buy DVDs, rent DVDs from Netflix, or get them illegally, there is stuff to watch!

Excuse my absence from last week but i'll quickly rundown what I think are good DVDs to be watching that came out last week: The Social Network, Piranha 3D, Raging Bull: 30th Anniversary.

Now onto this week!:
Note: Bold means DVD is also available in Blu-Ray

  • Takers
  • Buried
  • Stone
  • Animal Kingdom
  • The Naked Kiss
  • Death Race 2
To be quite honest, they're isn't much to be had this week. If you have Netflix, I don't see why you wouldn't give any of these films a shot. Though, there are a couple of DVDs that stick out above the rest.

Takers has been met with some pretty mixed reviews. I personally did not catch it because it looks like a bunch of B and C list actors giving a B and C list kind of effort. I have heard it does have a decent story and some good action, so it may be entertaining. 

Buried on the other hand, could be the one film that everyone should see. I don't see anything more intriguing then Ryan Reynolds, stuck in a casket, 6 feet under, trying to find his way out before that casket becomes his tomb. I will definitely catch this and review it, but check it out on your own as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment