Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Coming Soon!


Avatar: The Last Airbender
By Jose

Air, Water, Earth, Fire. Four nations tied by destiny when the Fire Nation launches a brutal war against the others. A century has passed with no hope in sight to change the path of this destruction. Caught between combat and courage, Aang (Noah Ringer) discovers he is the lone Avatar with the power to manipulate all four elements. Aang teams with Katara (Nicola Peltz), a Waterbender, and her brother, Sokka (Jackson Rathbone), to restore balance to their war-torn world.?? Based on the hugely successful Nickelodeon animated TV series, the live-action feature film “The Last Airbender” is the opening chapter in Aang’s struggle to survive.

Shyamalan better get this right and make this a great movie adaptation of the show. If not he will become a failure only known for his twist endings. Me personally, I believe he can deliver a decent movie based on the fact that Shyamalan and his kids are fans of the animated series.

I have heard so much about the cartoon itself being really great being a must see. So I am definitely going to pick up and watch the series as soon as I can. That being said I have not seen much of the cartoon to begin with yet I really want to see this movie. The movie feels like it will bring something different even though it is an adaptation of an existing property. I had this feeling earlier in the year with the Percy Jackson movie; but then the movie loosely followed the book and I came out of it with mixed feelings. I hope with The Last Airbender that I leave happy and wanting more.

Oh yes the movie is being released in normal and 3D versions. The 3D version is a conversion so obviously I am seeing this in regular release. I dislike this 3D nonsense that is taking over movies these days. So unless the movie is filmed with 3D tech and or meant to be in 3D there is no need to delay movies and add millions of dollars onto the budget because the studio wants to jump on the Cameron/Avatar bandwagon.

Avatar: The Last Airbender
July 1st/2nd
Noah Ringer, Nicola Peltz, Dev Patel, Jackson Rathbone, Shaun Toub, Aasif Mandvi, Cliff Curtis



No comments:

Post a Comment