Wednesday, February 1, 2012

The Spot News: Spidey in The Avengers?

By: Robert Acosta

It was late last night and I wasn't really looking for anything, I was just trying to find something to watch. I turn on Attack of the Show on G4 at around 2 AM. If you've seen the show, it's a nice blend of the present culture of things out in the world as well as great shenanigans but pertaining to the story, they have a news ticker at the bottom of the screen that goes through some of the recent important news. As I watching I saw a news item say : "Joss Whedon confirms that Spider-Man will have a cameo in the upcoming Avengers movie."

Joss Whedon being the director and writer for The Avengers movie, that's the best source possible to have when it comes to a news item like this. Spider-Man has been featured as an Avenger in comics before, so it's not a complete surprise that he would be featured. But the word cameo is used, and that gets you wondering. The Avengers film comes out before The Amazing Spider-Man, if those stories are connected in any way. Marvel is also famous for putting a lot of "spoiler-ish" type scenes at the end of their films, maybe it's a set-up? I hope so!


UPDATE: Joss Whedon has apparently denied that Spider-Man will have a cameo in The Avengers and that the news was broken by actress Jenny Agutter, who has a role in the film. I guess that squashes the idea, but I wouldn't really rule it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment